FOOD TRAVEL TRENDS FOR 2012
Recently reported in the Four Seasons magazine, these are Food Travel Trends for 2012:
• Farm to Table: Fresh, local, seasonal, and sustainable ingredients will continue to grow in importance on menus, utilising produce, meats, fish and other items found in and around properties’ home destinations.
• Artisanal Canning: Chefs are making and canning their own signature olives, pickles, salsas, and sauces.
• Upscale Bar Snacks: Traditional snacks get adventurous. Think buffalo Brussels sprouts and avocado fries.
• The Well-Travelled Chef: After training around the globe, chefs introduce new methods and cuisine to the next level.
• Going Down: Trends and flavours that are losing favour: molecular gastronomy; Sous Vide cooking; meatballs; overuse of truffle oil; cupcakes.
Log on to www.fourseasons.com for further information about hotels, restaurants, and bookings.
(Image: Bristol Lounge, Four Seasons, Boston)
THE PULSE is produced by LdC Media The Creative Network: www.ldcmediacreative.com
For free daily updates on what you need and want to know, click on SUBSCRIBE